Happy Birthday, America! It’s time to start making your Independence Day plans, so check out some of these terrific ideas for celebrating actively and locally. From parade excitement and community festivals to the bright, bursting, traditional fireworks finish to the day, there is plenty to see, do and participate in – all around town.
- Grand Park + The Music Center’s 4th of July Block Party, Downtown Los Angeles | 3PM-9:30 PM | Free admission
- Queen Mary 4th of July, Long Beach | 2 PM | Adults $50.60, Children $28.60, reserve tickets online
- Cinespia Cemetery Screening of Footloose followed by a Fireworks Display, Hollywood Forever Cemetery | doors at 7:15 PM, movie at 9 PM | $35, reserve tickets online
- 92nd Americafest Celebration (featuring Family Fun Zone, entertainment by American Idol winner Maddie Poppe, and fireworks show), Rose Bowl | July 4, 5 PM | Prices begin at $15, reserve tickets online
- Annual Street Faire, Mission Viejo (on Olympiad) | 12 PM, Fireworks at 9PM | Free admission
- ALYC “Old Glory” Boat Parade, Newport Beach | 1 PM-3:30 PM | Free admission
- 4th of July Firework Spectacular (featuring live entertainment, family activities, and food), Veterans Sports Park, Yorba Linda | 5 PM | Free admission
- Star Spangled 4th of July Parade, Old Town Temecula | 10 AM | Free admission
- Palm Springs Fireworks and Live Music, Palm Springs Stadium | 7:15 PM-9:30 PM | Free admission
- Palm Desert 4th of July Concert and Fireworks, Civic Center Park | 7:30 PM | Free admission
San Diego County
- Rancho Santa Fe’s Annual 4th of July Parade and Picnic | 1 PM-3 PM | Free admission
- Coronado’s annual Independence Day Activities (Including a 12k run/walk, parade, Art-In-The-Park, concerts, and fireworks) | 7 AM-9:30 PM | Free admission
- Big Bay Boom Fireworks Show, Port of San Diego | 9 PM | Free Viewing
Of course, there wouldn’t be a true Fourth of July celebration without some good old firework shows. Check out this list of shows in Orange County, Los Angeles, and Riverside and this list of displays in San Diego.
No matter how you choose to spend this special, it’s important to appreciate the friends and family around you, as well as the freedoms we all enjoy as citizens of the good old U.S. of A.
So this Fourth of July, make some fun plans, fly your flags proudly and take a moment to wish Lady Liberty a very happy birthday!