We express ourselves colorfully in the clothing we wear, the mood we show and the front door we open. This year, neutrals and hues found in nature are the front-door rage.
- Grass-y green – Bring the beauty of your front lawn to your front door with nature’s Greenery, a yellow-green shade, and Parakeet, the color of that ubiquitous bird-cage dweller.
- Sunny shades – The most eye-opening of hues, a vibrant Sunburst door enhances summer’s greenery and livens up the gloom of winter.
- Blue hues – Homes with front doors painted in cool, neutral colors such as navy blue to slate gray sold for $1,514 more, a Zillow 2017 paint color analysis found.
- All natural – Nothing whispers natural beauty more than the earth tones of a wood front door, especially if it faces east because of its feng shui
- Dark as night– Black stands out because it’s always in style and, if facing north, is a good color choice for the feng shui element of water. If you like the idea of black, but aren’t sure if it is too dark, make sure there is an architectural feature such as a window pane!
Your front door is the focal point of your home so make an eye-opening first impression! Find more color inspiration on Inside Out’s Pinterest.